Saturday 9 January 2010

Wishes 2010 from the SI/E President Eliane Lagasse




Dear Soroptimist Friends,

January, the first month of the New Year, is traditionally the moment for making wishes. I
wish you, dear members of Soroptimist International of Europe, a very happy, inspiring,
healthy and successful 2010.

January is also the moment of resolutions and lists. At the beginning of a new year, most of us
make lists of things we really want to do, things we could not do until now but for which we
intend make time and invest a greater effort in the coming year.
Apart from the usual intentions such as I’ll go on a diet, I’ll stop smoking, I’ll start a course in
cooking or IT, I would like to propose some Soroptimist New Year ‘s resolutions:

I’ll try to attend every meeting of my Club
I’ll wear my Soroptimist pin every day
I’ll be proud of being a Soroptimist
I’ll talk about Soroptimist with friends and colleagues
I’ll try to recruit at least one new member for my Club
I’ll visit other Clubs and go to an international meeting
I’ll look regularly at the SI/E and SI websites
I’ll be loyal and friendly in dealing with my Soroptimist sisters
I’ll work at local projects, but also at international ones
I’ll devote myself to the cause of women and girls

If every member of our Federation keeps these resolutions, Soroptimist will bloom and
expand in the next twelve months and thus make a huge difference for women and girls.

May the New Year bring you happiness and contentment. Personally, I feel this is what
Soroptimist is all about. Being a Soroptimist is meant to be fun, to give you friendship, to
make you part of a professional network and to give you the joy of helping other women
through projects.

In friendship,

Eliane Lagasse

(SI/E President)

No comments: